Thursday, May 10, 2012

BBC: Ma France

One of the purposes of this blog is to share information and resources for learning le français. I have been actively studying le français since janvier 2012, and so I have come across a lot of cool sites and learning resources that I want to share with y'all.

Here is another one.



It's the BBC video lesson program: Ma France. C'est excellent !


It's a series of 24 shorts videos on every day topics, including asking for directions, shopping, work, eating out, buying a house, etc.

One of my favorite episodes is the one on work. I love it because they are interviewing people who work at a ski resort. J'aime faire du ski ! Les travailleurs sont très contents. I would be too if I got to work at such a beautiful place, having so much fun!

Some phrases from this episode.

Ici, nuit et jour, beaucoup de personnes travaillent.


Alors, vous faites quoi comme travail ?


- Eh bien, je suis pisteur-secouriste. 


- Je suis la sécretaire du service des pistes de Grand Bornand


- Je suis dameur. 


- Je suis monitrice de ski. 


- Je suis moniteur de ski au Grand Bornand en Haute-Savoie


The best part of this program, for learning, is that you get to watch the video, read the transcript en français et en anglais, and play some games that help you check your understanding. I have watched the entire video series once, and I look forward to doing it again.

Je voudrais y aller pour faire du ski !


No comments:

Post a Comment